There's No Place like Home!

As you guys make have noticed, the 8th grade teachers are a highly crafty and competitive group that love to do over-the-top decorations for different times during the year. By Wednesday, you will be walking on a yellow bricked road all throughout Oz (as I've said many times, teachers do not have much of a life). As I was hanging streamers at 8:00 tonight, I started thinking--what has brought some of you guys to Elgin and what area do you consider home?

For me and my family, home is where the Army sends us, but I have been trying to keep my feet planted in the Sterling/Elgin area. I grew up in Oklahoma and lived in the same house, I even had the same bedroom, until college. Needless to say, my kids have had a totally different lifestyle than I've had!

So, tell me where your journey began and what has brought you to Elgin. Some of you are natives, so maybe tell me where you'd like to go. Tell me your thoughts of living in Elgin and if you think this is your home or your Oz.

Comments

Popular Posts