Well, thank you very much, Babylonians!

Like many of you, I have always had a New Year's Resolution. This year, like many years in the past, my resolution is to focus on my health and find ways to better myself in all spectrums on my life. Yeah, didn't keep that last year! But nevertheless, here I am, drinking unsweetened tea, counting calories, and working on a fitness schedule while researching developmental workshops and different types of flooring for my living room. Man! I feel exhausted already!

All of this ADD-fueled multitasking has lead me to a wonder who was historic marketing guru that came up with this resolution malarky anyway? Come to find out, it was the Babylonians -- the pesky tower builders! Later, Julius Caesar revived the practice and moved the celebration to January 1st, Christians later adopted the practice, bringing us to the present.

Click here to see learn more about the history of resolutions.

So, what's your resolution, and what are your thoughts on the pressure of having to have a New Year's Resolution?

Comments

Popular Posts